Senior Pastor (Full Time)
Belair Baptist Church is seeking a Senior Pastor.
An information pack containing the following is available for your prayerful consideration.
- Position Description – Senior Pastor (Full Time).
- Church Profile.
- Application Form.
Written applications using the Application Form are welcomed from qualified and experienced candidates who have prayerfully considered their suitability for this role.
Please contact the Pastoral Call Committee via email@example.com to obtain a copy of the information pack.
If you have any questions please contact the Pastoral Call Committee on Mob 0411 112 683.
All applications will be treated as confidential.
Thank you for considering God’s calling for a new Senior Pastor to join our church family.
A copy of the Position Description is also provided below for your information.
|Belair Baptist Church (BBC) is a church affiliated with the Baptist Association of NSW and ACT. BBC facilities are located at The Grove, 130 Garden Grove Parade, Adamstown.
||Oversight Team (Elders)
|Primary purpose of this position
- To work with the Oversight Team in providing Spiritual Leadership of BBC and to equip its leaders, staff and congregation for effective ministry and service.
- To work in a leadership team environment to achieve the vision of BBC.
- To be an Apostolic leader to the church family of BBC as first priority, then to the Newcastle community and to wider fields.
- Care Coordinator
- Discipling Coordinator
- Outreach Coordinator
- Worship Coordinator
- Executive Assistant
- Office Secretary
- Finance Team
- Administration Team
- Ministry Leaders
- To the Church Leadership through the Oversight Team.
- To formulate, strategise, and implement a documented clear vision and plan for the church, both for the coming year, and over the longer term, including key performance indicators.
- To oversee the preaching ministry and involve others within the church in this ministry area on a regular basis.
- To provide oversight and mentoring of any Ministry Coordinators and church staff.
- To ensure Ministry Leaders are effectively overseen and mentored.
- To encourage the spiritual growth of the church community.
- To officiate at weddings and funerals.
- To work in accordance with the current BBC policies & procedures.
- To manage working hours to align with the general BBC working hours.
- To oversee Creating Safe Spaces, Safe Church and WHS.
|This position will oversee and have responsibility for the following aspects affecting BBC:
- Character development of Oversight Team, Ministry Coordinators and Ministry Leaders.
- Develop and promote the vision and ethos of BBC.
- Attend to professional development that assists themselves and others at BBC.
- Initiate partnership with other churches locally and overseas.
- Skills development of leaders in the church (directly and indirectly).
- Personal spiritual development.
- Theological issues.
- Constitution, policies & procedures.
- Governance and compliance of BBC.
- To connect our church and community to Jesus Christ.
- To grow our Ministries to be effective in reaching people for Christ.
- Oversight Team (Elders)
- Ministry Coordinators
- Church Staff
- Ministry Leaders
- Baptist Association
- Current accreditation as a Baptist Minister acceptable to the Baptist Association of NSW or equivalent from another denomination with the capacity to obtain Baptist Accreditation as soon as practical.
- Demonstrated experience in church leadership and spiritual oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively preach the word of God and equip others to do so.
- Demonstrated highly effective interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively with the Church Leadership teams.
- Clear and stated commitment to the whole Bible that it is inspired by the Holy Spirit, infallible and is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- Demonstrated character and ability to work within the BBC organisational model.
- Demonstrated and ongoing commitment to live as per Bible based Christian principles.
- Participate in periodic performance reviews as per BBC policy.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff in a church environment.
- Ability to obtain a Baptist Association supported Marriage Celebrant Licence.
- Ability and willingness to work outside normal working hours on occasion, including public holidays at Christmas & Easter, and weddings & funerals.
- Required to undergo relevant working with children and criminal records checks prior to appointment and on an ongoing basis.