Our vision for the position is to see the next generation – both currently within the CityLife community and those yet to come – know Jesus personally and walk after Him whole heartedly!
CityLife Baptist Church is family of Jesus followers situated in Caloundra on the beautiful Sunshine Coast. The church has a rich history of growth and community impact and is connected closely to Caloundra Christian College, which CityLife founded and shares its current property with. The Families’ Pastor is a strategic role responsible for building a vibrant Christian community within the key demographics of kids and families, youth, and young adult’s ministry. This role will help our next generations to:
- Love and obey God and regularly engage with Him through His Word and prayer
- Love people enough to share their faith/evangelise and to model God’s compassion by serving and caring for those in the body and community
- Boldly & effectively engage culture, and live with a clear sense of identity in Christ
- Develop significant relationships with others from different generations within the church.
The CityLife Families’ Pastor will be responsible for:
- Oversight of all discipling efforts of all young people attending CityLife, in partnership with their families
- Direct oversight of kids and families, youth, and young adult’s ministries of CityLife
- Overseeing and strengthening the Friday night youth ministry program and its current leadership group
- Develop ways of reaching out to young families and youth of the community
- Develop collaborative missional pathways for CityLife to engage with Caloundra Christian College
- Leadership development within the kids and families, youth, and young adult’s teams
- Championing the cause of young people across the church
- Contributing to the sound management of CityLife Baptist.
- Deep and intimate love of God and desire for his kingdom
- Love for people and a desire to serve
- Experience in leadership – particularly building teams (including modelling, coaching and mentoring)
- Be able to teach both young people and adults
- A heart for missional engagement with the community and evangelism.
- Be able to pioneer new spaces and ideas
- Have had theological training/qualifications or currently pursuing them
- Previous experience working with children and young people in a church ministry context
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card
A Position Description and Church profile can be obtained by contacting the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 5491 5044
Applications close on 31st December 2022