CABC Thornleigh is looking for Children’s Ministry Worker
Job Type: Full Time/Part Time
Closing Date: 4 December 2021
CABC-T (https://www.cabc-t.org.au/) is a community in Sydney’s north determined to follow Jesus and communicate the gospel. We have five congregations (English, Cantonese and Mandarin speaking) with people from many backgrounds, including many families. The children’s ministry is a key part of how we serve Jesus in our community. Other ministries of the church include youth groups, cell groups, a university fellowship, a workers fellowship and a Golden Age fellowship. We run a fantastic Kids Fun Day program during January school holidays. We also support many local and overseas missionaries.
If you would like to further discuss this role call Symond Lo any evening on 0419 214 580, or Ian Clarke on 0451 849 125
We are looking for someone who:
- Has strong Christian faith, with some theological training, strong Bible knowledge and who is passionate and dedicated in teaching God’s word to meet the spiritual needs of children.
- Has experience in children’s ministry, including leading and training teachers/helpers and supporting parents. Experience in teaching children with special needs desirable.
- Shows initiative and has demonstrated skills to work with teachers/helpers as a team
- Has demonstrated skills in building relationships with children, parents, other congregation leaders and looks for opportunities to work together
- Is competent in English (written and oral), fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin highly desirable
Ideally, we are looking for a worker:
- who is willing to commit to the church on a long term basis in order to build deep relationships with both children and parents
The role has five main areas of responsibility:
- Develop and implement programs for Children Sunday School (9am, 11am, 3pm and 5pm)
- Support and train teachers and helpers
- Organise Kid’s Fun Day and other children focused events through the year
- Provide pastoral care to children, teachers, helpers and parents
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Working Group to ensure the smooth operation of the programs and lead evaluation of the Children Ministry on a regular basis
Any offer of employment is subject to applicants:
- agreeing to abide by, and upholding, the Code of Conduct;
- completing a Screening Check Questionnaire;
- undergoing a National Police Criminal Record Check; and
- being eligible for, or holding a current clearance in accordance with WWCC Legislation.
Please send a copy of your resume, including links to audio/visual talks (if possible) to Symond Lo (firstname.lastname@example.org).