The Baptist Association of NSW and ACT is looking for a part time (2 days per week) Human Resources Advisor.
Who we are
The Baptist Association of NSW and ACT is a movement of more than 340 congregations committed to voluntarily serving together with a common purpose, values, vision and goal. We work together in the fulfillment of God’s call on us as individual churches – to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Human Resources Advisor is a 0.4FTE role with flexibility in working hours and with a preference for some availability over more than 2 days per week. It is responsible for coordinating recruitment, employee relations and learning and development across Association staff, and overseeing the associated HR policy and procedures including:
Recruitment, selection and induction
- Manage recruitment, selection and induction procedures.
- Manage direct recruitment as required by hiring managers and partner with managers in vacancies as required.
- Liaise with Payroll Team to track staff movements and changes of terms and conditions of employment.
Policies and procedures
- Maintain the suite of HR policies and procedures.
- Roll out policies and procedures as needed.
- On-going coaching of managers and training staff.
- Oversight of exit processes.
- Partner with managers on providing advice on all employment relations matters and in facilitating redundancies and terminations.
- Ensure all documentation is legally compliant and best practice.
- Coordinating staff review processes
- Coach and assist managers in performance management processes.
- Maintain Employment Agreements and Position descriptions for all staff.
- Administration of workers compensation claims and Return to Work Co-ordination of Injured workers in rehabilitation phase.
- Participate in HR planning and budgeting.
Learning and Development
- Manage induction of new staff.
- Assist with coordinating learning and training plans.
- Deliver internal courses as required including Induction presentations.
- Supporting employee opportunities for professional development.
- Action plans together with Line Managers and roll out entity wide initiatives.
- Work with other designated staff in overseeing staff social activities.
- High level of competence in dealing with all employee relations matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, counsel and mediate.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational competencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Works independently, takes initiative, but also works well in team.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in a Generalist HR role.
- An understanding of the not-for-profit environment and of religious organisations.
- Bachelor’s degree tertiary qualification in Business, HR or similar.
How to apply
Please email applications to Heidi Tak email@example.com with a cover letter responding to the essential criteria required above and a CV.
For any queries or a copy of the position description, please email Heidi Tak.