Morling College is a registered Higher Education Provider (HEP) with campuses in NSW and WA that offer biblically grounded, quality education and training. The team at Morling are a dynamic, creative, and colourful group of people who seek to love God with all that we are. We invite you to experience the richness of this united, yet diverse community at Morling College.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Library Casual (NSW) at the Gilbert Wright Library which is located on our Sydney Campus.
About the Role:
The Library Casual (NSW) is responsible for shelving library materials, shelf maintenance, performing clerical tasks and keeping the library orderly. They also provide customer service to library users. This role would suit a student librarian/technician or someone interested in libraries and their operation. Training will be provided.
We are looking for someone who can start as soon as possible. The role is casual and seasonal and operates during the Gilbert Wright Library opening hours. While this role exists as part of a larger team, shifts are predominately solo shifts and most of the work will be conducted alone. During the semester, the Library Casual (NSW) would be required to work one weeknight until 8.30pm and alternating Saturdays.
About Our Library:
The Gilbert Wright Library (GWL) is named to commemorate the contribution of the Rev. B Gilbert Wright who was Vice Principal of the College for fifteen years and Principal for ten years. We have modern and flexible study facilities for a wide range of users – from those interested in quiet independent study to those that are interested in friendly discussion. The GWL takes great pride in working closely with Academic staff to acquire relevant and up-to-date resources in all areas and levels of study at Morling College.
Essential Key Attributes (please respond to all these attributes in your Cover Letter):
- Demonstrated Christian character and active involvement in a local evangelical church.
- Alignment of personal values, beliefs and practices with the mission and Christian ethos of Morling College.
- Excellent literacy skills.
- Responsible and able to stay ‘on task’ unsupervised.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to pick things up and learn quickly.
- Effective communication skills.
- Commitment to the provision of high-quality customer service.
- Agreement with Morling College’s Community Code (with any reservations clearly stated and explained at interview) which can be accessed on our website via this link: https://www.morling.edu.au/policies/.
- Willingness to embrace a culture of shared evangelical conviction and gracious, respectful disagreement on other matters.
- Previous experience in Library services.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Free on-site parking.
- Employee Assistance Program Support: Our employees are encouraged to use this free short-term confidential counselling service if they are experiencing emotional stress, relationship problems, conflict with others, or other personal issues. This service also includes financial coaching, nutritional support, and legal referrals.
How to Apply:
- Please apply here (https://jobs.swagapp.com/jobs/8371f556-0de4-4291-b961-e1d6318434f9) with a cover letter briefly responding to all the Essential Key Attributes outlined above along with a current CV.
- Kindly note that applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- We reserve the right to employ at any stage if a suitable candidate is identified.