Campbelltown City Baptist Church is seeking to employ a Pastor to lead and develop the areas of ‘Community’ and ’Serving’ across the life of our church. Our church consists of three congregations across two sites. We’re committed to seeing new disciples of Christ made and existing disciples maturing in their faith.
Role Description – Pastor for Community and Serving
For us at CCBC, we believe a deep love for Jesus displayed through godly character to be the primary trait required for leadership in the church. We expect that every elder/pastor/overseer will be qualified according to the requirements found in the New Testament. These include (but are not limited to) passages such as 1 Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2:14-26, 3:10-4:8; Titus 1:5-9.
A bachelor level theological degree would be preferred, though not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to teach the Bible in a variety of contexts
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop ministry teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in ministry teams to achieve agreed outcomes
- Demonstrated ability and skills in providing wise pastoral care
- Self-motivated and organised
- Develop and lead the integration process to better connect newcomers into the life of our church
- Develop and lead means of strengthening community across the life of the church
- Lead formal membership process and increase the number of formal members
- Lead and develop pastoral care teams to improve pastoral care across the life of the church
- Increase the number of people serving across the life of the church
- Develop and lead the pathway into serving in ministry at CCBC
- Work with team leaders to better spread and allocate resources
- Train and equip leaders for serving in ministry and leadership
- Form and oversee a benevolence team
- Lead pastoral attention to seniors within our church community
- Other as directed by the Elders according to need
- By negotiation
This is a full-time role and will be remunerated in line with the NSW/ACT Baptist Association recommendations.
Application & Closing Date
Please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at the end of August 2022, however suitable candidates who apply will be interviewed before the closing date.
A brief church profile is available; please email email@example.com if you would like a copy. If you have questions about the role you can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you’d like to discuss the role, you can contact James Grady on 0438 288 374 or Quentin Brown (one of our Elders) on 0411 820 904