Nowra Baptist Church
Role Description Permanent Part time Children and Families Worker
This role is twenty hours(20hrs) per week – Including approximately 4 hours for Sunday services
This ministry role falls under the mission of Nowra Baptist Church and the Church’s Doctrinal Statement, as found in the NBC Constitution.
The Bible gives parents the prime responsibility of raising and teaching their children. As a church we must support parents in this God given task. We are seeking a Children and Family Worker to assist in the achievement of this goal.
The permanent part time Children and Families Worker will work with and under the direction of the Eldership, as a member of the pastoral team to enable the church to focus on its mission, Knowing Jesus and Making Him Known.
We are not asking the Children and Families Worker to primarily run activities, although there will be some of that. The role will involve investing time in people through training, equipping and resourcing others, so that our children will better hear and understand the gospel through our church and our families. This work will be done within the existing activities of the church. As listed below-
- a) Kid’s Teaching Time – the Nippers, Junior and Senior groups for morning services.
- b) Church services – family services etc.
- Mainly Music – Oversight and support of the MM team. Establishing relationships and connecting with parents and children.
- Other activities such as Holiday Kids’ programs and Christmas outreach programs, church camp kid’s program.
- Kids Hope overseer to Nowra Christian School
- Administration of CSS for this role
Assist with running any training seminars related to children and families such as parenting seminars
- A committed Christian, of a convinced reformed evangelical position
- Able and willing to become a Member of NBC
- Be of good character in line with Galatians 5:13-26
- Effective interpersonal communication and relationship skills
- Desire for continued personal spiritual growth.
- A strong commitment to personal prayer
- Experience in a church and/or children’s ministry context
- Theological or ministry training; or willingness to undertake same
- Knowledge of Creating Safe Spaces material, or willingness to undergo training, with an ongoing commitment to uphold a safe church framework.
- Must have a current Working with Children Check registration and NSW Police Background Check.
The role will be paid in accordance with the Baptist Association remuneration guide 2023 and subsequent recommendations.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
By Wednesday 29th March 2023
Please include a cover letter & resume.