NWBC - Church-Pastor profileDownload File
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established church in a season of growth and re-establishing what it means to be God’s church.
Narre Warren Baptist Church (NWBC), established in 1990 is made up of two congregations, English and Spanish. Both congregations with diverse cultural backgrounds with a strong sense of community where everyone is welcome and encouraged.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Pastor with a sense of calling to lead, teach and equip NWBC as we strive to glorify God by building a community of faithful believers to serve Him.
The successful Senior Pastor will have a deep love for Jesus displayed through goldly character. Will be a competent preacher / teacher of God’s word and devoted to the Bible.
Key Selection Criteria
- Accredited or Recognised (or is eligible to be) by the Baptist Union of Victoria
- A bachelor of Ministry, or of Theology (Preferred) or similar qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 Years as a Senior Pastor
- Competent preacher/teacher and effective communicator (with strong written and verbal communication skills including public speaking and teaching)
- Prayerful, devoted to the bible and reliant on the Holy Spirit
- Sense of call
- Able to demonstrate pastoral heart through service
- Committed to equipping people for ministry
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading teams and people
- Strong team-building skills with a demonstrated ability to raise up leaders
- Ability to coordinate ministries, provide support and guidance to staff and volunteers
- Must have a current Working with Children’s check and completed Safer Churches Training or equivalent
- Applicant must be an Australian resident with rights to work in Australia
Our Church is a member of the Baptist Union of Victoria (BUV) and all candidates will require to submit a Pastors Profile along with their resume. The role is a full-time position located in Narre Warren, South East Melbourne. The remuneration for this role will be in line with the BUV guidelines.
As part of our recruitment process you will be required to have pre-employment checks.
If you believe this position is a good fit for you, submit your application with your resume addressing the Key Selection Criteria and covering letter introducing yourself, a summary of your faith journey and what has led you to apply for this position to Warren@vandammedesign.com.au