Children’s Worker Position Description:
- To develop and oversee strategies and programs that facilitate ministry to/with children up to Yr 6 and their families. This ministry will include families currently associated with SBC as well as outreach to the wider community.
- Recruiting, equipping and supporting volunteer leaders for children’s ministry;
- Ensuring that the Children’s Ministry remains integral to the overall vision and purposes of SBC.
- Oversee all facets of the Children’s Ministries to ensure regular, effective program functioning throughout school term and holiday periods;
- Prepare relevant budgets, teaching resources and equipment inventories;
- Develop effective communication channels to allow efficient flow of information concerning Children’s Ministry within SBC; Be available to liaise with parents as required;
- Liaise with service leaders regarding opportunities for Children’s Ministry participation in Sunday Services;
- Lead the Children’s Ministry volunteer team, with emphasis on supporting the leaders and facilitating their ministry;
- Develop recruiting strategies to ensure succession of leadership for all areas of Children’s Ministry ensuring all Safe Church/WWC paperwork is completed prior to commencement of any service;
- Participate in Pastoral Team responsibilities (eg: weekly meetings, retreats etc) where appropriate in consultation with the Senior Pastor;
- Selected Baptist Association commitments relevant to the role;
- Other ministry involvement as required and according to spiritual gifting.
- Partner with other local churches, teaching SRE in local primary schools.
ACCOUNTABILITY: to the Church membership through the Senior Pastor.
- Exemplary spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, complying with the Biblical leadership qualifications described in 1 Tim 3:1-13;
- Alignment and agreement with the vision, mission, doctrinal statement and core values of SBC.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passion for His church. A passion for the Word of God (able to expound and explain the Scriptures in the context of the role) and an openness to the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- A demonstrated passion for ministry to and discipleship of children.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Primary or early Childhood teaching qualification or equivalent preferred.
- Training in Children’s Ministry
- Appropriate Theological training (or willingness to undertake such studies).
- At least 3 years’ experience working with children;
- Demonstrated love for children, recognising their potential and spiritual need.
Terms of Appointment: this appointment would be 2 days/week at SBC. We are aware that the local SRE Board (SWISH) is looking to employ a teacher. If the roles were combined that may allow 3 day/week.
REVIEW: to be undertaken annually by the Senior Pastor.
Remuneration: As per the Association guidelines
For more information about SBC go to https://www.springwoodbaptist.org.au/