Associate Pastor for Youth and Young Adults (Re-Advertised)
Epping Baptist Church (www.eppingbaptist.org.au) has been witnessing to God’s love for people within Epping for almost 90 years. The area of Epping has been identified by NSW Government as a priority precinct where further dwellings are required to cater for more than 10,000 new residents in the next 10 years. With many people from non-English speaking backgrounds moving into Epping and surrounding suburbs, the area has experienced many changes.
With more than 20 ministries including Youth, Young Adults, Sunday Youth, Boys Brigade, and Sunday services, and increasing numbers of children and youth attending the schools in the area, the church is seeking to appoint an Associate Pastor for Youth and Young Adults to further develop ministries amongst youth and young adults. The Youth and Young Adults Pastor role is expected to be full-time with a commencement date to be negotiated by agreement. A part-time role would also be considered if required.
- Be a follower of Jesus who models Christian values
- Be accredited, have fulfilled the requirements for accreditation or be willing to pursue accreditation by the Baptist Churches of NSW and ACT
- Affirm the Statement of Beliefs of the NSW Baptist Union Assembly 2003
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Be able to develop, implement and oversee systems of pastoral care and discipleship for youth and young adults
- Be an effective and skilled speaker/preacher
- Be committed to personal development and training
- Demonstrate excellent written and communication skills
- Demonstrate effective time management and the ability to work unsupervised
- Be willing and able to work as part of a team
- Hold a current Working With Children’s Check and a current Creating Safe Spaces certificate.
To express interest in this role and request a Position Description, please email email@example.com by 31st August 2022.