Notice of September 2016 Ordinary Assembly
It’s time to gather together, to worship and discern the Lord’s leading in the overall direction of our Association.
We hope you will come and join with us in worship!
WHERE: Morling College
120 Herring Road, Macquarie Park
WHEN: Saturday, 17 September 2016
Commencing at 9:30am with worship and prayer
Delegates will be able to sign on from 8:30am
Other participants will be able to register from 8:30am
Some Documents for the Day
Dear Pastors, Church Secretaries and Administrators,
An Ordinary Meeting of the Assembly of the Association of Baptist Churches of NSW and ACT will be held at Morling College at 9.30am on Saturday, 17 September 2016.
Under the constitution of the Association, affiliated churches may bring a matter before an Assembly.
For a matter to be considered by an Assembly, the affiliated church must give not less than 2 months notice in writing of the matter before the date of an Assembly.
Any affiliated church wishing to bring a matter or proposed motion to the Assembly on 17 September 2016 must ensure that it is forwarded to the Secretary to the Assembly Council with an explanatory note on or before Sunday, 17 July 2016:
Lvl 1, 3 Carlingford Road Epping 2121
PO Box 122 Epping NSW 1710
A person nominated by the affiliated church may move any motion arising from such notice at an Assembly provided that person is a member of Assembly.
Assembly information can be found here. This meeting is a gathering of people from across NSW & ACT Baptist churches. You are most welcome to be present, whether or not appointed as a delegate, as we gather together.
You can for Assembly online shortly. Alternatively, a hard copy registration form will be posted out soon.
Churches need to inform the Baptist Ministry Centre of the names of their Delegates, Alternate Delegates, Other Participants, Non-accredited Lead Ministers and Accredited Ministers by Saturday, 10 September 2016.
A program for the day can be found below.
We look forward to seeing you at the Assembly!
Secretary to the Assembly Council
Program for the Day
- Worship and prayer
- Accreditation Service for 17 new ministers after lunch
- Strategic Priorities 2017-2019
- Interview with the new Church Planting Consultant
- Lunch celebrating Morling’s 100 year anniversary
- Discussion around the Association Constitution review
- Official opening of Morling’s new residential college
- Send any matters for consideration or notices of motion to Jenny Casey before Sunday, 17 July 2016
- Inform your church of the Assembly – Saturday, 17 September 2016
- Register the delegates representing your church and other people interested in attending before Saturday, 10 September 2016
Pray as a church that the Assembly will be uplifting, fruitful and God honouring time together.