IMPORTANT PLEASE READ This course is no longer an active course. You can still access this course as a form of record for yourself, however it will no longer be counted as current and in date. This course was replaced in December 2021 under a different platform and course content. To access new course material please go to our website https://nswactbaptists.org.au/baptistsre/ and look under the training tab.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ FOLLOWING INFORMATION & INSTRUCTIONS ( scroll below for modules)
Please note- if you are using this training but seeking authorisation with another provider please check with them what are their requirements for modules you may need to complete.
How long will each module take?
Each of the modules will take approximately 2 hours to complete if done properly. Please note this is a guide only. This depends on how thorough you are at reading and watching the videos. It is also depend on how confident you are with completing the course on a computer- this will require some basic proficiency in the use of a computer. If you aren’t as confident it may be good to ask someone who can sit with you to help get you started or even work through the modules with you.
Please ensure you read/ watch everything provided in each module. Fast forwarding, rushing through or skipping segments will not be helpful in your training to be an SRE teacher. Take your time to absorb information, take notes. It will be important for future reference. It is obvious by the questions people get wrong that they didn’t hear/read important information but raced ahead to get the module finished. Please don’t sell yourself short- do it properly the first time!
Marking of the Quizzes
Throughout the modules there will be quizzes incrementally included for you to complete. Always ensure at each section of the module you click complete and proceed. Please note that some quizzes are marked automatically but others are marked manually. This means your final result won’t show until the course teacher has marked questions that require an extended response.
When you have answered the questions you need to click the COMPLETE QUIZ which is in GREEN TEXT. Only click the BLUE BUTTON if you wish to save your answers locally to your account to return later before submitting. If there is no quiz to complete please click complete lesson button.
On the front page where all the modules are listed you will see on the right hand side % marks as you complete each quiz. Please note where it says N/A this means this segment of the course did not have a quiz attached to it. It doesn’t mean it is not applicable to complete.
Please note certificates are not auto generated. If you require certificates for your provider’s records please email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please select a module below to begin
If you are seeking authorisation with the Baptist Association please complete the required Modules & other required documentation before you complete our online application form found under Module 7 in the list of modules.
- 1.1 Introduction to Module 1 – Teaching SRE in Government Schools
- 1.2 Why Choose SRE?
- 1.3 History of SRE
- 1.4 Why Teach SRE?
- 1.5 What are the Department of Education Procedures for SRE?
- 1.6.1: What is the role of the provider?
- 1.6.2: What is the Role of the Teacher/Seminar Presenter?
- 1.6.3: What is the Role of the Principal/Coordinator?
- 1.7 Australian Communities
- 1.8 Models of SRE
- 1.9 Support for the SRE Teacher
- 1.10 Benefits of SRE
- 1.11 End of Module 1
- 2.1 Introduction to Module 2: Teaching and Learning
- 2.2 Approaches to Education; The Science of Education
- 2.3 Child Development Stages
- 2.4- The Contemporary Classroom
- 2.5- Learning Styles
- 2.5.1- Learning Styles (cont)
- 2.6 Messages our Kids are Encountering
- 2.7 End of Module 2- Children’s Understanding of Who God is
- 7.1 Introduction to Module 7: Duty of Care
- 7.2 Department of Education: Core Values
- 7.3 Department of Education: Code of Conduct
- 7.4 Duty of Care
- 7.4.1 Duty of Care: Roles
- 7.4.2 Duty of Care: The Language of the Teacher
- 7.4.3 Duty of Care: Age Appropriate and Sensitive
- 7.4.3 Duty of Care: Age Appropriate and Sensitive(continued)
- 7.5. DoE Policies: Bullying
- 7.6 DoE Policy: Social Media Policy
- 7.7 DoE Policy: Dress Code & COVID 19
- 7.8 DoE Policy: Controversial Issues in Schools
- 7.9 Scenarios
- 7.10 Protecting and Supporting Young People
- 7.11 Analysing Risk
- 7.12 Summary & Conclusion