Disaster Recovery Grants
In addition to assistance of up to $1,000 per individual or family to provide for emergency need assistance, the Baptist Association NSW & ACT is currently offering disaster recovery grants of up to $10,000 to churches in NSW and ACT. The purpose of these grants is to assist a church with a project that:
- Promotes disaster recovery in affected communities (in line with the PBI)
- Provide for physical, mental or emotional well-being of a community, particularly in areas of critical need
Applications for Disaster Recovery Grants should meet the following criteria:
- The church is located in an area that has been affected by drought and/or the bushfire season of 2019/2020.
- The project will facilitate deeper engagement by the church with the community
- You are able to demonstrate:
- Initial evidence that a community need or opportunity exists, including evidence drawn from engagement with both the church and wider community
- Initial evidence that there is church support (from both leadership and membership) for responding to the need/opportunity (eg. volunteer engagement, financial support)
- Initial evidence that there is community support for responding to the need/opportunity (eg. volunteer engagement, other sources of funding)
- Initial indication of proposed community outcomes and impact, including an outline of how outcomes will be measured.
Three grants will be awarded in bushfire-affected areas and 8 grants will be awarded in drought-affected areas.
The deadline for applications is 24 of June with the decision on grant recipients to be made by mid-July.
Disaster Recovery Grant Application
Application and Review Process
All Grant applications are considered by a small committee. Please note that the Baptist Association NSW & ACT may be in contact with you to gather further information about your application. By making an application you:
- Give consent to the Baptist Association NSW & ACT to seek advice from third parties in the assessment of your Grant application.
- Give permission, if your project is approved, for the Baptist Association NSW & ACT to share the story of your project in our publications. We will notify you prior to sharing your story and will seek permission before using any images or stories of individuals.