Discussion Forum September 2022
September 3 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree – $15.00
Note: There are 3 ticket options for the forum. Two in-person options and one online option. See options above.
On Saturday 3 September 2022 we will be holding a movement-wide Forum. This Forum is intended to provide time for more informal discussion of important matters pertaining to the current discernment process around affiliating together in our Association. The day will commence at 10am and will conclude by 4pm. There will be a single in-person venue for the Forum, at the Ministry and Learning Centre in Macquarie Park in Sydney. While we very much encourage attendance in person, we realise that for some particularly from regional areas this will not be possible. An online zoom option is available for individuals who wish to attend but are unable to do so in person. This will include online discussion breakout groups paralleling the small group discussion times at the venue itself.
It is anticipated the forum will consist of 2 major sections:
- Input, reflection and discussion around matters of Baptist Distinctives identified in the affiliation discussion process so far.
- Session(s) where Assembly Council will present draft recommendations following the Special Assembly in February 2021 and provide time for questions, prayer, reflection, discussion and feedback in a non-formal setting.
This is not a formal assembly, official voting will not occur and it will not be necessary for churches to appoint delegates. The forum will be open to anyone who is an active member or attendee of one of our churches. Registration will still be required for capacity and catering purposes.
- Attending the Discussion Forum is free.
- For Ministry and Learning Centre in-person registrations lunch is available to purchase for $15, however you must pre-pay online. You can do this by selecting the lunch registration option above. Please note that only those who have ordered and pre-paid for lunch will receive it on the day.
- If you want to register to participate in the Forum online you will need to click the yellow button above and register directly through Zoom. Once your registration has been finalised you will be sent the Zoom meeting details directly through Zoom. Please note you will be provided a unique Zoom link and it is intended to be used by the registered individual. It is not to be shared with anyone else.
- Churches are not required to appoint delegates as no voting will take place. To attend however, an individual must be an active member of one of our Baptist Churches and indicate the Baptist Church they attend during the registration form.
Terms and Conditions
Guidelines for attendance at the Discussion Forum on Saturday 3 September:
All attendees at the Discussion Forum must be members or regular attenders at one of the churches in our movement. People participate for the express purpose of engaging with the matters at hand, either in-person or online. Any activity outside of this purpose during the Forum including recording the Forum, posting on social media or speaking with media representatives is not permitted and may lead to removal from the meeting.
Following the Forum, we encourage Forum discussions to be shared by attendees with their churches. Any social media or other public discussion should be in general terms only and at all times maintain a tone of Christian grace and respect.
By registering for the Forum you are agreeing to these Guidelines.
For the full Terms and Conditions click here.