Annual Assembly 2020
It’s time to gather together on October 31st, to worship and discern the Lord’s leading in the overall direction of our Association. This purpose is so important it is embedded in our Constitution. Assembly is a place to reflect on what God is doing in our midst, connect with others in our movement and glimpse how Jesus is leading us in our collective ministry in this world. We look forward to meeting together to be encouraged by what God is doing and inspired by what He will continue do!
The focus of this Assembly will be to celebrate the ministry of the Baptist Churches in NSW & ACT. More than that it will be an opportunity to look to the future, both collectively and individually, and to celebrate how God is at work in our movement. The assembly will also ask for your discernment and affirmation of God’s leading for several elected positions, further discussion in some significant matters and keep you up-to-date with important activities.
During the morning the following matters will be put to vote:
- Affirmation of the 2020 Association Budget
- Affirmation of the 2020 – 2022 Association Strategic Plan
- Admission of new affiliated churches to the Association
- Approval of Candidates for Accreditation and other Committee for the Ministry matters
- Approval of changes to policy documents including the: Accreditation Guidelines, the Code of Ethics and Conduct, the Policy for Handling Allegations, and the Procedures for Handling Allegations
- Election of Assembly Council members, Morling College Council members and Baptist Churches of NSW Property Trust members will take place during the morning.
This year, in light of our current situation our Assembly will look a little different to previous years. We are planning to hold our Annual Assembly across the following locations, with necessary limits on the maximum number of people able to attend each venue. The main venue will be livestreamed to each additional venue, where participants will be able to interact with the main venue and vote on resolutions. It will also be available online (viewing only).
Level 1, the Ministry and Learning Centre
5 Saunders Close, MACQUARIE PARK NSW 2113
maximum 100 attendees
This is the new campus building, home to Morling College, the Baptist Association, Baptist Financial Services and Macquarie Baptist Church!
Southern Sydney: Georges River Life Church
23 Stanley Street, PEAKHURST NSW 2210
maximum 79 attendees
Hunter: Mayfield Baptist Church
121 Hanbury Street, MAYFIELD NSW 2304
maximum 66 attendees
Wagga Wagga Baptist Church
17-19 Malta Crescent, ASHMONT NSW 2650
maximum 25 attendees
Dubbo Baptist Church
251 Cobra Street, DUBBO NSW 2830
maximum 80 attendees
Grafton Baptist Church
Corner of Queen and Oliver Street, GRAFTON NSW 2460
maximum 34 attendees
Tamworth Baptist Church
Corner of Hilvue & Duri Roads, TAMWORTH NSW 2340
maximum 100 attendees
Annual Assembly 31 October 2020
- 8:30am - 9:30am
- Doors open
- Doors open at 8:30am at our Main, Southern Sydney & Hunter venues. For our regional livesites at Wagga Wagga, Grafton and Dubbo doors will open at 9:00am.
- 9:30am -
- Assembly commences
- 11:10am - 11:30am
- Morning tea break
- 11:30am - 1:00pm
- Assembly continues
- 1:00pm -
- Assembly concludes
- For our Hunter and our regional livesites Assembly will conclude at 1:00pm. Our Souther Sydney venue will break for lunch.
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm
- Official opening of the Ministry and Learning Centre
- (For the Ministry and Learning Centre only). Our Souther Sydney venue will break for lunch.
- 1:30pm - 2:00pm
- (For the Ministry and Learning Centre only).