A monthly time of connection & inspiration
This year we are launching Insights, the next iteration of the Live Q&A. We’ll still be delivering the latest COVID-19 updates, but we’ll also be diving deeper into different areas of Leadership, Health, Mission and Justice across each 1-hour session. Allowing each session to become an Insight into one of these areas.
So, what can you expect?
Insights will take place on a monthly basis through Zoom and our next session is on 19 May at 1pm. When we have events like The Gathering and our Annual Assembly or Leadership Conversations we will skip those months to make it easier for you to engage in Association-wide events. We’re even looking to bring in some experts to help with Insights topics like: Insights into ministry and mental health.
Who is Insights for?
Insights is for any leader within your church. This means the obvious leaders like Pastors (Senior, Executive, Associate etc), but it also extends to leaders outside of pastoral ministry (Secretaries, Treasurers, Elders etc). You may also choose to use this as a leadership development tool for people you see leadership potential in.
How do you register?
You will need to register for each month you would like to attend. Once registered you will be sent the Zoom meeting information.
If you would like to know more about Insights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gathering & Annual Assembly:
During our Session we heard from Steve Bartlett & Grae McWhirter about our upcoming Annual Assembly and The Gathering Conference. The theme for The Gathering this year is Saved, Called, Sent and will be unpacked through sessions with our main speakers: Steve Bartlett & Melinda Cousins.
To find out more information or regsiter to attend The Gathering visit: https://www.thegathering.com.au.
Insights into Redefining Success:
This month’s guest speaker was Omar Djoeandy. Resources from Omar are available below:
Forming Church Podcast:
During our session we heard the exciting news that the Fomring Church Podcast is about to launch Season 2!
Forming Church is all about exploring what church planting, mission and evangelism could look like in our rapidly changing world. It seeks to create content that generates learning and conversation around these areas, while resourcing the next generation of planters, urban missionaries and followers of Jesus in contemporary Australian contexts.
Check out Forming Church Podcast here: www.gen1kmission.org.au/formingchurchpodcast/ or on your favourite podcast app, and make sure you subscribe, rate, review and share to increase the impact!
This survey looks at the way your church is approaching ministry pre-post covid. It seeks to help identify the resources, training and development you may find useful individually and at a church level and ultimately will inform how we are supporting churches accross 2021 and beyond.
All information provided is completely anonymous and will greatly impact the way we can continue to grow together.
Complete the Ministry Survey here: https://nswactbaptists.org.au/2021-march-ministry-survey/
Mental Health Resources:
During our session, we heard from Fiona Gardner (email@example.com). Fiona has developed some key factsheets which can be accessed below
COVID-19 Return to Church Survey
Childrens and Families Connect Day
This year the theme for the Connect Day is Refresh Reorient. Whether you are a volunteer or in a paid role, Sunday kids program leaders, volunteering in kid’s clubs, playtimes, SRE teachers, holiday programs or intergenerational ministries there will be something for you. Find out more here!
During our session we spent time in prayer. If you would like to find out more about the Special Assembly or you would like to register, please visit: https://www.thegathering.com.au/special-assembly-2021/ We will also be hosting a Special Assembly Prayer meeting on
Here are the prayer points from today’s session:
- Pray for the team behind the scenes organising the logistics/planning for the Special Assembly. Pray the team does not become overwhelmed with the fluid changes around COVID-19 but embrace the opportunities before us and trust that God will pull everything together.
- Pray for the outcome of the day and the result of the motions that will be voted. Pray that God’s will, will be done.
- Pray for protection over people across our movement that may have anxiety and uneasiness over the matters to be discussed and that they may sense God working in and through the situation.
- Pray for Steve Bartlett (DOM) and Jamie Long (Chair, AC) as they prepare for the discussion on the day and finalise the process for leading Assembly. Pray for wisdom as they navigate how to allow space for voices to be heard and discussed in a God-honouring way.
- Pray for God’s hand of protection and provision over the technology/live stream on the day as we are likely to have 8 venues across NSW/ACT;
- Pray for understanding, considerate and thoughtful conversation on the day. Pray for understanding, God honouring conversation and that there be a sense that God’s Spirit is present and His hand of protection is over the discussions to be had.