September Assembly 2019
Notice of September 2019 Ordinary Assembly
It’s time to gather together, to worship and discern the Lord’s leading in the overall direction of our Association. We hope you will come and join with us!
WHERE: Thornleigh Community Baptist Church 15-17 Duffy Avenue, THORNLEIGH NSW 2120
Dubbo Baptist Church – 251 Cobra Street, Dubbo
Lismore Baptist Church – Cnr Uralba Street & Rotary Drive, Lismore
Wagga Wagga Baptist Church – 154-156 Tarcutta Street, Wagga Wagga
WHEN: Saturday, 7 September 2019 Commencing at 9:30am with worship and prayer
Information sent prior to Ordinary Assembly
Dear Pastors, Church Secretaries and Administrators,
An Ordinary Meeting of the Assembly of the Association of Baptist Churches of NSW and ACT will be held at Thornleigh Community Baptist Church at 9.30am on Saturday, 7 September 2019. This meeting is a gathering of people from across NSW & ACT Baptist churches. You are most welcome to be present, whether or not appointed as a delegate, as we gather together. Churches need to inform the Baptist Ministry Centre of the names of their Delegates, and Alternate Delegates by Saturday, 31 August 2019. A summary program for the day can be found below. We look forward to seeing you at the Assembly!
- 8:30am Registrations Open
- 9:30am – Assembly Begins
- Time of Prayer
- 10:20am Notices of Motion
- Affiliated Churches and Accredited Pastors
- 11:05am Morning Tea
- 11:35am Other Matters & Updates:
- Ministry updates
- Motion from Committee for the Ministry
- Affiliation Fee discussion – update & FAQ’s
- Update on the Association’s Vision & 2020-2022 Strategic Plan
- 12:45pm Lunch
- 2:00pm Accreditation Service commences
- 3:40pm Accreditation Service finishes
1. Motions proposed by Chatswood, Newtown, Castle Hill, Campbelltown and Wollongong churches regarding affiliation, foundational beliefs and core values. See details and explanation of the motions to be tabled at the Assembly, plus an explanatory document from Assembly Council, (located under Assembly Documents at the bottom of page).
2. Updated Affiliation Fee proposal. Further information, Frequently Asked Questions and the updated proposal is available in the Assembly Guide.
Further information about the matters can be found in the Assembly Guide below.
- Inform your church of the Assembly – Saturday, 7 September 2019.
- Register the delegates representing your church and other people interested in attending before Saturday, 31 August 2019.
- Remember to tell your church members once you have registered them:
- Did you register them as voting or non-voting delegates;
- Did you pay for their lunch or should they bring their own;
- How to access any documents online they should read before coming to Assembly;
- Any other important information necessary, like the program for the day.