Connect 2023 is all about connecting people involved in kids, youth, families, young adults and SRE ministries to encourage, share stories and shape vision for our local contexts. Connect is about providing a space to gather with other churches and ministries in your local region, enabling you to partner and collaborate together so that everyone is equipped. This is a leadership development opportunity that will help you grow personally and in your ministry skills. Our heart is that our faith communities would welcome all ages – especially children and youth – as fellow disciples, and that all generations would be connected.
What will Connect look like?
Connect is locally led, and each region will shape the day with your local context in mind. However, there are some common elements that you will see at Connect 2023:
– Worship, prayer and contemplative experiences
– Interactive connection opportunities
– Keynote message focused on personal discipleship and development as leaders in ministry
– Workshops for equipping in specific ministry areas
– Facilitated time for connecting in teams or in specific ministry areas across faith communities
– Life giving conversations over beautiful food.
Where and when are the different Connect locations in 2023?
- March 18th 8.45 for 9am start
- Sydney – Ministry & Learning Centre, Macquarie Park
- Hunter – Belair Baptist Church, Adamstown
- Greater West – Glenbrook Baptist, Glenbrook
- Illawarra/South Coast – South Coast Life Church, Berry
- Northern Rivers – Alstonville Baptist Church – Alstonville
- March 25th 8.45 for 9am start
- Riverina – Wagga Wagga Baptist Church, Wagga Wagga
- Central Coast – Narara Valley Baptist Church, Narara
- Central West – Molong District Baptist Church, Molong
- May 20th 8.45 for 9am start
- Mid-North Coast – Taree Baptist Church, Taree
- May 20th 9.45 for 10am start
- Canberra/ACT – Hughes Baptist Church, Hughes
- There are a few registration types to select from. Not sure which one to select? Read below:
- Adult Registration (Online Payment): $25 – Pay online for your registration cost to attend Connect.
- Adult Registration (Invoice Church): $25 – Some Churches will pay for their volunteers who serve in ministries to participate in this event. The Baptist Association will invoice the Church directly for the cost of your registration. Please only select this registration type if the Church has agreed to cover the cost of this event.
- Leader’s Under 18 Registration: $10 – (Online Payment): Pay online for your registration cost to attend Connect.
- Leader’s Under 18 Registration: $10 – (Invoice Church): Some Churches will pay for their volunteers who serve in ministries to participate in this event. The Baptist Association will invoice the Church directly for the cost of your registration. Please only select this registration type if the Church has agreed to cover the cost of this event.
- We would like to encourage you to think of who you could invite to come along and invest in their development. What a great opportunity to invest into the volunteers who serve in these significant ministries at your church by enabling them to attend Connect together
- Let us know your dietary requirements! As part of the registration cost each registrant will receive Morning Tea and Lunch at their Connect location. Please make sure you fill this in during the registration process so we can accommodate you.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (02)9868 9232.
If you have any difficulty with registering please email email@example.com with your name, phone number, church and site you wish to attend and we will be in contact.
Register for Connect
Registrations for Connect 2023 are now open!!
Click on the image below for your region to register.
For more information, or if you would like to be part of the Connect Team in your region, contact Drew (firstname.lastname@example.org)