Gen1k Church Health is able to assist your church through:
- Facilitation of healthy church practices
- Providing resources, training and support
- Facilitation and oversight of the Association’s Regional Ministers
- Coordinating the Church Consultancy ministry
- Overseeing the Coaching training program
- Assisting churches in developing and implementing conflict resolution strategies
- Overseeing the church affiliation process
The Regional Minister is responsible for facilitating pastoral and church health in their respective region by working with local churches and pastors to build relationships, and to encourage and support pastors and church leaders.
Regional Ministers bring real world ministry experience to their role and both model and facilitate development of healthy leadership. The Regional Minister will assist in facilitating healthy call/transition process and by providing support to churches dealing with internal conflict.
The Regional Minister will also facilitate gatherings of pastors for mutual support, make accessible resources for churches/pastors and advocate for regional leaders and ministries.
Regional Minister Contacts via the Baptist Ministry Centre 02 9868 9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cross Cultural ministry team seeks to help them join local Baptist churches or help them establish their own churches where they can worship in their own languages among their own communities.
We also work closely with “second generation” immigrants and the unique challenges they face in church life.
Contact the Cross Cultural Ministries Facilitator, Frank Farag via email@example.com
During a consultancy the church leadership enters into an agreement with trained and approved consultants committed to working together for the local Church. This is a proven process being used by Churches from a wide variety of denominations across Australia.
Church consultancy is not only for conflicted or unhealthy churches as it provides a strategic and holistic approach to church development.
Consultancies available to churches include:
- Preventative-Proactive (church health and revitalisation)
- Conflicted Congregation (crisis intervention)
- Church Planting
- Moral Failure (crisis intervention)
- Intentional Church Review (between pastoral settlements)
- Team – Leadership Review and/or Pastoral Team Review
To enquire about the Consultancy process for your church please contact Rev Ian Altman – Team Leader for Gen1k Church Health via his P.A. Cat – firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9868 9200
There are many times when it would be helpful to have someone alongside to help you define your vision, clarify your goals and identify action plans.
No matter what stage of life we are at, whether in ministry, in our families or in our workplaces, coaching and mentoring are powerful approaches to unlocking and releasing God’s dream for each of us.
The goal of coaching is to help someone succeed. Each person needs to discover for themselves what it is that God wants them to do. Coaches aid that process, but they don’t direct it.
Cultivate Coaching is a ministry activity of the Baptist Churches of NSW & ACT, training people with coaching skills.
Find out more at www.cultivatecoaching.com.au or contact Krystyna via email@example.com
Spiritual Care Course – Pastoral Care Course
Baptist Churches of NSW & ACT have partnered with BaptistCare to make available to Baptist Churches the Health Television Network (HTN) Spiritual Care Series. This is a series of eight programs hosted by Leigh Hatcher, ideal to equip people for pastoral care. The series topics include:
- Understanding the ageing journey
- Spirituality in ageing
- The power of storytelling
- Grief, loss, death and dying.
The Baptist Churches in conjunction with BaptistCare offer two options for our churches. Firstly you can attend a course to be equipped to minister powerfully to a growing, vulnerable segment of our community.
Secondly, you can become a trainer for this course. This will allow you to run training for the course in your own context and raise up a team of ministers to impact your community.
GEN1K CHURCH HEALTH RESOURCES
The below resources are template resources to assist churches in reviewing or writing their Church Constitution. Please click on the relevant file to view and/or download a copy of it as a pdf.
If you have questions about your Church Constitution please contact Rev Ian Altman – Team Leader for Church Health via his P.A. Cat Nugent – firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9868 9200
Below are a list of Baptism and Church Membership Resources. Please click on the relevant file type to view or download the file.
Here are a list of Church Health Seminars that the Team Leader for Church Health / Your Regional Minister / BA Church Consultants could run for your church/leadership:
Change & Transition
- Understanding the challenges facing the church today and how the church might respond
Turning Passions into Mission
- How to engage in evangelism without burning out or burdening people
Dealing with conflict
- Seeing conflict as opportunity for growth and change, or how to fight fair and not lose relationships.
Governance & leadership
- Healthy decision making and Structure for change and growth in a changing world.
- Understanding the power of values and how they shape and influence ministry and mission.
Please contact us if you are interested in running one of these seminars at your church via email@example.com or 02 9868 9200
GEN1K - Church Health
GEN1K - Leadership
GEN1K - Missions