Frequently Asked Questions
Different denominations vary in their authorisation processes. The following apply to Baptist authorised SRE teachers in NSW. i.e. people who attend a Baptist Church in NSW.
AUTHORISATION IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT and is achieved by:
- Having a valid working with children check number
- Complete safe church training (child protection) every three years
- Complete relevant module training based on the ICCOREIS framework of 7 modules including 12 monthly observation lesson
- Minimum of two hours of ongoing training each year
- Have a valid authorisation card issued by the Baptist Association( Union) -renewed every three years.
If your question isn’t covered here, please email the SRE team firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9868 9239 with your question and preferably a phone number as well for a speedy reply.