Every person, team and organisation has core values that define who they are and, often without realising it, shape who they become.
As the Baptist Churches of NSW and ACT, we have defined what our shared values are and articulated them clearly. These core values are central in the decision-making processes and the practical outworking of relationships within the Association now and into the future.
What are core values?
Core values articulate these things we see as fundamental to our life, ministry and association with others.
They transcend style, theological differences and heritage.
Core values are one of the aspects that identifies and unites us as an Association. They drive what, why and how we do what we do. Core values guide us as individuals, churches and as an Association.
Our desire is to see our purpose and vision through the lens of these core values and allow them to assist in guiding ministry decisions moving forward.
- Enjoying a dynamic relationship with Jesus
- Relying on the Bible as foundational to shaping our understanding of Christ, our faith and the world
- Being led and empowered by the Spirit to live a life of worship
- Believing God is able to do more than we ask or imagine
- Committed to the announcement and demonstration of the universal reign of God through Christ
- Motivated by love for God and others
- Seeing lives, communities and society transformed
- Biasing our resources toward mission, both locally and globally
- Serving each other and working together, honouring the varied expressions of our faith and practice and our cultural diversity
- Actively promoting healthy unity through mutual collaboration, transparency and accountability
- Prioritising authentic relationships over programmes and structures
- Honouring marriage as an institution created by God as the foundation for a lifelong faithful union of a man and a woman
- Nurturing a disciplemaking culture that encourages, shapes and releases every person to glorify God in all of their life
- Investing strategically in the identification, development and empowerment of leaders
- Respecting our heritage whilst championing further innovation
- Recognising and celebrating God at work both within and beyond our movement
- Partnering with like-minded bodies in the mission of God both locally and globally
- Evidenced by mutual respect, healthy dialogue, and where appropriate resource sharing and the development of common goals.