- Enjoying a dynamic relationship with Jesus
- Relying on the Bible as foundational to shaping our understanding of Christ, our faith and the world
- Being led and empowered by the Spirit to live a life of worship
- Believing God is able to do more than we ask or imagine
- Committed to the announcement and demonstration of the universal reign of God through Christ
- Motivated by love for God and others
- Seeing lives, communities and society transformed
- Biasing our resources toward mission, both locally and globally
- Serving each other and working together, honouring the varied expressions of our faith and practice and our cultural diversity
- Actively promoting healthy unity through mutual collaboration, transparency and accountability
- Prioritising authentic relationships over programmes and structures
- Honouring marriage as an institution created by God as the foundation for a lifelong faithful union of a man and a woman
- Nurturing a disciplemaking culture that encourages, shapes and releases every person to glorify God in all of their life
- Investing strategically in the identification, development and empowerment of leaders
- Respecting our heritage whilst championing further innovation
- Recognising and celebrating God at work both within and beyond our movement
- Partnering with like-minded bodies in the mission of God both locally and globally
- Evidenced by mutual respect, healthy dialogue, and where appropriate resource sharing and the development of common goals.
Why Core Values?
Core values are the building blocks on which we build our lives, our relationships and our actions.
Every person has core values that define who they are and without realising it, control who they become.
As the Baptist Churches of NSW and ACT, we have defined what our values are and included them in our new constitution. These core values will be central in the decision making process and the practical outworking of relationships within the denomination moving forward. It is our desire that every church incorporate them into their own vision.
Core values give us an aspirational goal and a voice that helps us define our vision. They are not nice sentiments, rather they are declarations of what we value most and the reflection of how we serve Jesus.
What are Core Values?
Core values are the values we see as most important to our life, ministry and association with others. They transcend style, theological differences and heritage.
Core values are what identifies and unites us as an association. They drive what, why and how we do what we do. Core values guide us as individuals, churches and as a denomination.
Our values articulate who we are and who we desire to be whilst keeping us accountable to each other and to God.
Our desire is that all churches look at their vision through the lens of these core values and allow these values to guide decisions moving forward.